Tuesday, May 29, 2007

English and Math help to rise in top

Mou Chakraborty
Kolkata, May 29, 2007

CBSE toppers who shone in Class X exams did so thanks to English and Maths. And yes all want to become engineers when they grow up.
Explaining why he wants to take up engineering, Abhishek Sharraf of Laxmipat Singhania Academy, who scored 97.2 per cent said, “I love Science and Maths is one of my favourite subject. I have always wanted to be an engineer. I will try to get admission to IIT and after that go for an MBA from IIM.” Sharraf added, “Whenever I studied, I gave it my maximum.”
Incidentally, Laxmipat Singhania Academy students did exceedingly well in English, with 43 students scoring above 90 in English. The highest mark in the subject is 99.
Preetha Saha of Kendriya Vidyalaya Haldia, scored 97 per cent marks. She loves reading storybooks during her free time and dreams of becoming an engineer like her father. “My dad works for Indian Oil Corporation and I want to be like him. My next target is IIT. Biology has never been my favourite subject and becoming a doctor was never an option.”
Sharmila Sinha from Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan has got 96.8 per cent and wants to study electronics engineering in IIT. “I did not expect so much but I studied thoroughly and avoided watching television. I am on top of the world and I would love to shine in Class XII exams again,” Sharmila said. Speaking about Sharmila, school principal Anindita Chatterjee said, “She has always been a very bright kid. She lost her father at an early age and we gave her concession on her tuition fee. She was always serious about her studies.”
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan students also did well in English with 53 students scoring above 90 per cent. In Maths too, the students scored high marks. “We think the marking pattern in English was lenient. Practicals helped the students score high marks in maths,” said Jaya Misra, exam coordinator of the school. From this year, there were 20 marks practical in Maths. Similarly, Science theory exams were of 60 marks, with 40 marks left for practicals.
Becoming computer engineer from IIT is what Shatabdi Senapati of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan dreams of. She has scored 95.8 per cent and gives credit to her teachers and parents. While preparing for her exams, Shatabdi did not burn the midnight oil. “Sleeping helps you rejuvenate your mind. I made sure that I had adequate rest. I revised the NCERT books thoroughly and whenever I needed a break, I turned to music,” said Shatabdi.
mou.hindustantimes@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment